Sedu Hair Style Tips
These Sedu hair style tips will help you to create beautiful hair styles:
You need a high quality ceramic-plated flat iron. The high-end flat irons such as FHI, GHD, Sedu or Chi will:
- Smooth out fly-aways
- Create a shiny look
- Make your hair FEEL smooth
What styles can I create with a GHD, Solia, or Sedu flat iron?
What is the benefit of creating a style with a high-end flat iron versus doing the same style another way?
Long lasting hold to your style. If your hair gets frizzy or flyaway in humidity, I know that the GHD iron will lock-in the style.
I'm not sure how it does this, but after I have straightened my hair, if I try and curl it the next day, (without having washed it first), my hair “remembers” that it is supposed to be straight, and does not curl well. Vice versa, if I curled my hair using a GHD, it will not want to straighten as well the next day.
The High-end flat irons are expensive. Can I create smooth, sleek looks with a round brush and blow dryer?
Yes – Although you will spend more time on your hair, it won't hold as well, and you will need to use more products.
If your hair is relatively straight already, you can blow dry your hair straight with a blow dryer, and use smoothing products to create that shimmer and shine. To flip your ends up, under or back either use the blow dryer and the round brush with some styling products or a large barreled curling iron after the hair is completely blown straight and dry. You will create the look if you are diligent to blow dry correctly, use the right products and not over-curl your hair.
Yet nothing creates the great feel your hair has after using a high-end flat iron, nor is more time efficient.
If your hair is very curly, blow drying it straight will not be enough to smooth out the frizzes (as you probably already know).
Additional Sedu Hair Style Tips:
- If you have extremely curly or coarse, thick hair – use the 1 ½ inch straightening iron to shorten the time needed to style.
- If your hair is just normal thickness or wavy, you will be fine with a 1 inch iron.
- Never use the iron on wet, or damp hair – you could permanently scorch or damage your hair.
- Apply a heat protector to damp or towel-dried hair before you blow dry.
- Blow dry your hair as straight and smooth as possible before you use the flat iron. Point the nozzle of the blow dryer DOWN the hair shaft – never blow dry up, as you will upset the cuticles of your hair, making a frizzy, non-sleek look. If possible, use a blow dryer that has ionic charge as this also helps to smooth the hair.
Return from Sedu Hair Style Tips to Sedu Hairstyles
Return from Sedu Hair Style Tips to Hairstyles Teacher Home