Prom Hairstyles Pictures, Ideas and Directions
Submit a photo of your prom hair style here.
Tips for picking out the best prom hairstyles:
- If you normally have curly hair, wear it straight. And vice versa, if you always have straight hair, opt for the curls. During special occasions, you want to look different and special. If you wear your hair similar to the way you always do, it will take away from the "ooh, aah" factor.
- Hair up or down? This is another instance that you will need to examine how you normally wear your hair. If you wear your hair in a ponytail everyday, wearing it up may not be the best choice.
- Think about your prom dress and hairstyle. The style of your dress will help to determine your hairdo. If your dress has a really cool back, make sure that your hair does not cover it. This may determine if you wear your hair up or not. Also, take your height into account. If you are fairly short, wearing your hair up and high on your head will give the appearance of height and will lengthen you out.
- Can anyone truly do your hair like the style you've picked out? The last thing you want to do is hire a stylist to do your hair, and find out that he or she was unable to produce the look you had hoped for. This will create massive panic on your special day.
After you pick out the style, see if you, a friend, or your hairstylist can actually make your hair look the way you want it to. That is what this website is aimed at helping you to do.
- Use clip-in hair extensions to make your hair appear longer, thicker and more shiny for prom night. Hairstylist to the celebrities, Ken Paves, regularly uses these to make his celebrity client's hair look red-carpet ready.
- Don't feel like you need to stick with the traditional wedding-type up dos.
If you watch the Oscars or other celebrity-type events, you see that not all movie stars wear their hair up. Many have quite simple hairstyles with their beautiful dresses. Do what will make you look your best.
Try on different hairstyles to see what looks best on you:
Let's Get to Work....
Here are some attention-getting prom hairstyles:
The 1980's side ponytail has made a comeback, but this time, with an elegant twist, or should I say "spiral". Click here to learn how to create Hairstyles Teacher's best prom hairstyle.
If you can't commit to an updo and want to wear your hair down to show off your long hair, try a half updo that adds a lot of height to the top of your hair while showing off your long locks, or try this half up half down prom hairstyle that is pictured below:
Click here for a long curly hair style that works great with naturally curly hair, or straight hair that is curled into spirals.
To make prom day as simple as possible but still look like a million bucks, try this Easy Prom Hair Style
Twisting the hair back at the crown has become quite popular. Click here to learn how to create a funky and Fun Prom Hair Style
This Ponytail Updo (pictured above) is very flattering and accents the cheekbones and eyes.
Return from Prom Hairstyles to Hairstyles-Teacher home