Easy Hairstyles are classified into two distinct groups:
Submit a photo of your hairstyle here.
- Haircuts that are low maintenance
- Hairstyles that are easy to do yourself
Let's deal with the first group:
If you don't want to style your hair extensively everyday, opt for a haircut that works well with your natural hair type.
For example, if you have naturally curly hair, opt for a haircut that does not need straightening to look good. Since naturally curly hair has a lot of volume and bounce, long, layered hairstyles will be the easiest to have if you simply want to wash and go. The layers will help to "thin out" some of your intense tresses and create a more formed "style".
Although long curly hair is low-maintenance on a daily basis, it is not in the long term. It is essential that you get regular trims every 6-8 weeks to avoid frizzy looking ends. Curly hair can look frizzy and lack shine anyways, so it is important to keep it healthy. Condition daily and use hot oil or deep conditioning treatments once per week.
I believe the easiest hairstyle to maintain is the bob. Bobs look great messy......
or stick straight with lots of shine:
A professional looking haircut that takes little maintenance is a medium cut with some bangs and face-framing layers. This style is both professional and versatile as you can create many styles and updos from this haircut.
If you want to see what you look like before you get your hair cut or colored, click virtual hairstyles.
Do It Yourself
Here are some easy hairstyles that you can do by yourself. Try these to add variety to your everyday look. These links will lead you to directions for these styles:
- Curly Updo that works great with naturally curly hair or straight hair that has been curled first.
- This is a variation of the french twist. It is fun, funky and a great updo for both medium and long hair:French Twist Hairstyle.
- Short on time in the mornings? Try this Easy Hair Style that you prep the night before. When you awaken, you will have a myriad of beautiful styling options
- Looking for a quick and easy style to wear to holiday gatherings? This holiday hair style features a festive side bow.
- This twist hairstyle is actually hair that is coiled up in a chignon. It looks great on both curly or straight hair and is easy to do.
- Want a wedding hairstyle that you can do yourself? Try this easy updo that is elegant on the flower girl, bridesmaid or the bride.
- Try this simple updo that you can do in 5 minutes or less.
Return from Easy Hairstyles to Hairstyles Teacher Home